Research and Site Access

Site Access

The majority of the properties in our program are conservation easements held on private properties. If you are interested in conducting research on one of our properties you must obtain permission from the private landowner and also obtain a Special Use Permit from our program. Please contact us by email at or by phone at 919-707-8536 for additional information.

Reports and Publications

A considerable amount of site study and data collection was performed on our conservation properties prior to acceptance into the program. These data and reports include geomorphic surveys, groundwater and surface water hydrology monitoring, vegetation surveys, biological assessments, and other studies. See the Mitigation Monitoring Reports. Requests for data can be made to Greg Melia at 919-707-8919 or by email to