Easement Assignments and Transfers

Parties interested in donating, transferring, or assigning a conservation property to the state should contact us at 919-707-8536 or stewardship@ncdenr.gov. If the conservation property was acquired for the purposes of compensatory mitigation we will schedule a meeting to discuss in detail. The department reserves the right to reject a proposed easement assignment or transfer of a conservation property.