The North Carolina Coastal Reserve and Friends of the Reserve have three summer internship opportunities in Beaufort in 2023:
- The intern will assist the Reserve Education Coordinator with summer camps, field trips and classroom activities. The intern will be involved in developing and presenting curriculum-based programs to a variety of age groups (pre-school through high school).
- Applications are due January 9, 2023 5:00 PM ET.
- Apply here
Living Shorelines Communications Intern
- The intern will assist in developing communication products targeting estuarine shoreline property owners, including one-page handout, an ArcGIS StoryMap, and three short living shoreline videos.
- Applications are due January 9, 2023 by 5:00 PM ET.
- Apply here
Friends of the Reserve - Undergraduate Internship Award
- The intern will work with the staff at the Rachel Carson Reserve in the Beaufort office. This internship award seeks to encourage students from traditionally underserved and underrepresented populations to pursue study and careers centered in coastal and estuarine sciences, promote equity and inclusion among undergraduates, and increase diversity among the next generation of science professionals.
- Applications are due December 15, 2022
- Learn more and apply here