For questions about Marine Fisheries Commission rule-making contact the Division of Marine Fisheries Rulemaking Coordinator at Catherine.Blum@deq.nc.gov.
N.C. General Statute 150B-19.1 sets out requirements for agencies in the rule-making process. Section (c) of the statute states:
Each agency subject to this Article shall post on its Web site, no later than the publication date of the notice of text in the North Carolina Register, all of the following:
- The text of a proposed rule.
- An explanation of the proposed rule and the reason for the proposed rule.
- The federal certification required by subsection (g) of this section.
- Instructions on how and where to submit oral or written comments on the proposed rule, including a description of the procedure by which a person can object to a proposed rule and subject the proposed rule to legislative review.
- Any fiscal note that has been prepared for the proposed rule.
If an agency proposes any change to a rule or fiscal note prior to the date it proposes to adopt a rule, the agency shall publish the proposed change on its Web site as soon as practicable after the change is drafted. If an agency's staff proposes any such change to be presented to the rule-making agency, the staff shall publish the proposed change on the agency's Web site as soon as practicable after the change is drafted.