In accordance with NCGS 130A-328, there will be a fee charged for plan review by the N.C. DEQ Public Water Supply Section. Any documents submitted for review on or after Oct. 3, 2023, must be accompanied by a check payable to DEQ-Public Water Supply Section before the review will begin.
** There is a $25 fee for returned checks **
The charges for review of plans are shown below.
Distribution System Fees
- Construction of water lines, less than 5,000 linear feet - $300
- Construction of water lines, 5,000 linear feet or more - $400
- Other construction or alteration to a distribution system - $150
Ground Water System Fees
- Construction of a new ground water system or adding a new well - $400
- Alteration to an existing ground water system - $200
Surface Water System Fees
- Construction of a new surface water treatment facility - $500
- Alteration to existing surface water treatment facility - $300
- Water System Management Plan review - $150
- Miscellaneous changes or maintenance not covered above - $100
- The fee is not refundable if the plans are not approved.
- Revisions to plans to address PWS or other state agency's comments do not incur an additional fee.
- If one set of plans and specifications has multiple related sheets, such as a new well with construction of water lines, only one fee must be submitted for highest price item (the amounts are not cumulative, except fees for Water System Management Plans).
- Water System Management Plan review fees stand alone and must be included in addition to those for the review of the plans themselves.
- Thirty days after the receipt of plans and specifications for approval, if the appropriate plan review fee is not received, then all plan documents will be recycled. A new set of documents must then be submitted with the appropriate fee for approval.