Draft Permit 0403-MSWLF-2010 for horizontal expansion and vertical expansion to add additional capacity and to extend the life of the Anson Landfill located 375 Dozer Road, Polkton, Anson County, NC has been prepared.
Public comment period on Draft Permit 0403-MSWLF-2010 begins on Wednesday, October 4, 2023, and ends at 5:00 p.m. on Monday, November 20, 2023.
A public hearing is scheduled for October 26, 2023, at 6:30 p.m. in the Anson County Courthouse, 114 North Greene Street, Wadesboro.
The public notice, factsheet, draft permit, permit application, site study application, EJ Report, Environmental Assessment, as well as the entire administrative record for the facility can be accessed through the links below and may be viewed by appointment between 9 a.m.- 4 p.m., Monday-Friday at the Department of Environmental Quality office, 217 West Jones Street, Raleigh.
Written comments may be submitted to:
by email to: Donna.Wilson@deq.nc.gov
by postal mail to:
N.C. Department of Environmental Quality, Division of Waste Management, Solid Waste Section
1646 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, NC 27699
The Solid Waste Section and DEQ's Environmental Justice Program, in partnership with NC SWANA, held an Environmental Justice Workshop on June 28, 2022. The workshop included the history and background of environmental justice in North Carolina as well as a panel discussion. Primarily, the workshop was geared toward environmental consultants who gather data, prepare EJ Reports, and craft outreach efforts. The training can be viewed at the link above.
- The Readoption of all Rules Administered and Enforced by the Solid Waste Section that began in 2014, as required by G.S. 150B-21.3A, was completed in September 2021.
- Drilling Mud Guidance (April 2018)
- Updated Guidelines for Environmental Monitoring Report Submittal
- Process for Recycling Post Consumer Recycled Asphalt Shingles (PRAS)
- Leachate and Statistical Analysis Rules Effective Now
- Safe Kids NC sponsors Operation Medicine Drop as a way to dispose of pharmaceutical waste, especially narcotics and other dangerous drugs.