The Merger/Regionalization Feasibility grants were created in Session Law 2015-241, with the changes made to NCGS 159G, to broaden the use of grant funds to encourage water and wastewater utilities to become viable and more proactive in the management and financing of their systems.
- The grants are limited to $50,000 from the Wastewater Reserve or the Drinking Water Reserve, over a period of three years, to the same local government unit or nonprofit water corporation.
- The Affordability Criteria do not limit the grant percentage or the eligibility for these grants.
Types of Funding Available
Local Government Units
- Nonprofit Water Corporations
- Studies to evaluate the potential consolidation or two or more systems into one system into one system and the potential physical interconnection with another system for regional wastewater treatment or regional water supply.
Contact Matthew Rushing at (919) 707-9060 or via email at email@example.com with questions about this grant program.
- The application deadline for Fall 2023 projects is Oct. 2, 2023
- Application information
- Application Training Resources