- The Asset Inventory and Assessment grants were created in Session Law 2015-241 in the changes made to NCGS 159G, to broaden the use of grant funds to encourage water and wastewater utilities to become more viable and more proactive in the management and financing of their systems.
- The grants are limited to $150,000 from the Wastewater Reserve or the Drinking Water Reserve, over a period of three years, to the same local government unit or nonprofit water corporation.
- The Affordability Criteria do not limit the grant percentage or the eligibility for these grants.
Types of Funding Available
Local Government Units
- Nonprofit Water Corporations
Eligible Projects and Guidance
- Condition Assessment of critical assets
- Other components of critical assets.
- Asset Inventory & Assessment Grant Scope Preparation FAQ
- Water and Wastewater Utility Asset Assessment Guidance (2022)
Contact Matthew Rushing at (919) 707-9060 or via email at email@example.com with application and eligibility questions.
- The application deadline for Fall 2022 projects was Sept. 30, 2022.
- Spring 2023 application deadline is May 1, 2023.