Details about the next Pretreatment Permit Writing Workshop are on the Training page.
Basic IUP Guidance, Including What to Submit (August 2005)
IUP Training Materials
- IUP Writing Steps: Workshop Outline
- Industrial User Wastewater Survey and Discharge Permit Application: Slugem Hosiery
- Guidance Document for Completing the Industrial User Wastewater Survey and Discharge Permit Application
- Slugem Hosiery SIU Inspection Form
- Slugem Hosiery Data Summary Spreadsheet
- Categorical Industry Overview Presentation
- Blank Industrial User Wastewater Survey and Discharge Permit Application (April 2012)
Permit Writing Files
- Generic Industrial User Permit (includes Permit Synopsis) - update changes in red. (July 27, 2018)
- Example IUP & Synopsis: Will Plateit (40 CFR 433) (March 2009)
- Combined Wastestream Formula: Example IUP & Synopsis: Will Plateit (40 CFR 433).
- Example IUP modification: Will Plateit (40 CFR 433)
- Ammonia and Total Nitrogen IUP Limit Guidance (July 2005)
- SIU Inspection Form
Streamlined Review of IUPs
In order to use available resources more effectively and recognizing the maturity and experience prevalent in the pretreatment program, the Division is proposing a process to streamline the review of Industrial User Permits (IUPs).
After attending the class and meeting other criteria, a permit writer may be approved to participate in the streamlined permit review process. Permits submitted under this process will not be subject to a full Division review. Benefits to the POTW include less paperwork to submit and immediate approval of your permits. Please review the following documents for more detail. Programs employing at least one approved permit writer and meeting all of the other specified requirements will be considered "Approved". If staffing changes occur, the Program may be required to go through the approval process again.
- Streamlined Industrial User Permit (IUP) Review Process
- Streamlined Industrial User Permit Review Submittal Form
Other Related Permit Writing Items
- Biocides/Chemical Pretreatment Worksheet - Form PT101: Excel version (January 2012), Word Version (October 1997) and Guidance
- Boiler & Cooling Tower Presentation - 2001 Pretreatment Consortium Workshop
- Spill/Slug Control Plan Document
- EPA Guidance on Toxic Organic Management Plan