DEACS Environmental Assistance Section has staff in DEQ's Winston-Salem Regional Office to serve citizens and businesses throughout the Piedmont area of North Carolina. Along with environmental assistance coordinators in our other regional offices, DEACS staff cover the entire state and are available to help with your environmental concerns or questions.
Region-Specific Helpful Information
- Trout Buffer Factsheet- Division of Energy, Mineral and Land Resources
- Riparian Buffer Information
- Express permitting option for quicker permit reviews. Options available are: Erosion and Sedimentation Control.
- Water Supply Watershed Map - An interactive web-based map to help determine if your project is located in a water supply watershed. Always contact your local government to verify current boundaries and classifications of water supply watershed areas.
- Stormwater Permitting Interactive Map Viewer - An interactive web-based map to help determine which stormwater permitting requirements may apply to your project - you will need to scroll down until you see "Post-Construction Stormwater Map". Please be sure to read all information below the section titled "Post-Construction Stormwater Map".
- Surface Water Classifications - Find a stream name, index number, and classification.
Winston-Salem Regional Office Brochure
Counties served by the Winston-Salem Regional Office: