- Supplemental Guide to Basinwide Planning
- Watershed Stewardship Network (WSN)
- Nonpoint Source Planning Branch
- Water Supply Planning
- A Simplified Guide to Writing Watershed Restoration Plans in NC (DWR and Triangle J COG, October 2014)
- TMDL Alternatives (Modeling & Assessment Branch)
- NC Stream Watch
- Project WET (Water Education Today)
- Monitoring and Assessing Water Quality - Volunteer Monitoring (EPA)
Watershed Water Quality Tools
- Watershed Action Plans Community Tools
- How's My Waterway? (EPA)
- Learn the condition of local streams, lakes and other waters anywhere in the US... quickly and in plain language. See if your local waterway was checked for pollution, what was found, and what is being done. The source of this information is a US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) database of State water quality monitoring reports provided under the Clean Water Act.
- StreamStats (USGS)
- StreamStats is a Web application that provides access to an assortment of GIS analytical tools. The map-based user interface can be used to delineate drainage areas for user-selected sites. The application will provide basin characteristics and estimates on stream flow statistics. Stream flow statistics vary from state to state, watershed to watershed. A variety of additional tools are available for discovering information about streams and the activites in the watershed.