Ground Water - Dig deep. Great things are brewing below the surface.
Water Quality Standards -
Water quality standards are the backbone of water protection laws and policies for surface water and groundwater.
Stream Classifications -
Classifications define a waterway's best uses (swimming, drinking water supply, fishing, shellfish harvesting) and carry an associated set of standards and requirements to protect those uses.
- About NC Water Quality Classifications
- Surface Freshwater Classifications
- Tidal Saltwater Classifications
- Trout Waters Classification Guide
- Find Your Waterbody's Classification!
- When is a stream a stream? A wetland a wetland?
- Water Supply Watershed Protection
Water Quality Laws and Rules -
Laws and rules to protect surface water and groundwater resources.
Before you engage in an activity that could impact a stream, river, wetland, lake, other surface water or groundwater, make sure you have the required permit.