New Buffer and Nutrient ILF Applications in Jordan Lake Upper New Hope and Lower New Hope Areas are Temporarily Suspended.
Customers interested in submitting a request to DMS to provide mitigation for unavoidable impacts from development projects should complete the applicable request form below.
Note that all requests to access the DMS In-Lieu Fee programs must be accompanied by a signed "Bank Law Compliance Form" (included in the forms below) verifying compliance with G.S. 143-214.11, and other statutes which restrict access to the DMS ILF programs for some entities when credits are available from private mitigation bank companies. A list of approved banks is available from the Division of Water Resources or the USACE (Please report issues related to these lists to DWR or the USACE . These lists are not DMS-generated.)
Request forms and payment information (note: forms should be completed using Adobe to access all features):
- NCDEQ Bank Credit Availability Policy [updated Feb2023]
- Stream, Wetland & Buffer Mitigation Request Form [updated Dec2022]
- Nutrient Offset Mitigation Request Form [updated Dec2022]
- Electronic payment option for mitigation invoices.
- Find your service area and 8-digit hydrologic unit code (HUC) here using an address or longitude, latitude coordinates
DMS In-Lieu Fee Program Contact Information
All inquiries related to non-DOT ILF requests, invoicing and payments should be directed to Kelly Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org. The DMS ILF process is paperless. All correspondence is now provided and received via email.