NC Approved Training (WW)

NC Operator Certification does not conduct schools or training classes.
Direct ALL QUESTIONS to the training providers.

Tab/Accordion Items

Continuing Education Approval Application

Please review the Instructions & Requirements document before submitting an approval application. 

Training Providers need to submit rosters within 15 days of class completion. Without Roster submittal, Operators can not renew their certificates.


Roster Submittal Methods


NCID Registration
NCID Instructions

  Certified Operator Portal - Click to Access


Annual Certification Renewal requires 6 hours of approved continuing education each year by December 31.

To verify the number of continuing education hours you have earned or still need, check this report. It is an alphabetical list of all Wastewater Operators in NC, updated weekly.

NC Approved Continuing Education Classes: Training providers are asked list their classes with us. For additional classes that may not be listed with us, contact training providers directly. Some training providers are listed below.

If you are a continuing education provider and would like your website listed above, please contact

To be eligible to take the NC Wastewater Operator Certification Exam, applicants need to participate in the appropriate certification school.

Training providers are asked to submit their approved certification schools with us. That list is found at the following link: Approved Wastewater Operator Certification Schools. Not all classes get listed. For additional classes that may not be listed at that link, please contact training providers directly. 


for Biological Wastewater, Collections, & Physical/Chemical: The NC Rural Water Association and NC One Water offer some of these classes.


for Land Application, Surface Irrigation, & Subsurface: NCSU Wastewater Management Program and the NC Rural Water Association


If you are a certification school provider and would like your website listed above, please contact

If you are interested in becoming a Certification School Provider, see the Training Provider section.  You can submit the Continuing Education Approval Application and we will present it to the WPCSOCC on your behalf.  Contact us and we can help you determine what to submit.