The 2021 Pasquotank River Basin Water Resources Plan (basin plan) is the fourth document to be developed for the Pasquotank River basin. The basin plan includes nine chapters and several appendices that explore water quality and water quantity issues in the basin. A Story Map has been developed for the Paquotank River basin plan. The Pasquotank River Basin Water Resources Plan Story Map includes an interactive component to help readers navigate the nine chapter planning document; providing better access to monitoring locations, permitted facilities, and waterbodies in the basin.
Provides basic information about land use and population, nonpoint source pollution (agriculture, forestry, stormwater), basin characteristic (aquatic habitat, wetland functions, etc.), and climate change (sea level rise, hurricanes, and flooding).
Reviews how chemical, physical and biological parameters are used to assess water quality in North Carolina and overall data results for monitoring stations in the Pasquotank River basin.
Chapters 3, 4, 5 and 6: Watershed Chapters and the Albemarle Sound
Provides detailed information at the watershed scale. Individual stream assessments, special studies, and specific projects in the watersheds are included.
- Chapter 3: Northern Shore (Includes Edenton Bay-Albemarle Sound, Perquimmans River, Yeopim River-Albemarle Sound, Little River, Dismal Swamp Canal - Lake Drummond, Pasquotank River, North River, and Northwest River watersheds)
- Chapter 4: Southern Shore (Includes Edenton Bay-Albemarle Sound, Bull Bay-Scuppernong River, Gum Neck-Alligator River, and Alligator River watersheds)
- Chapter 5: Outer Banks (Includes North Landing River, Sand Ridge-Bodie Island, Currituck Sound, Albemarle Sound-Croatan Sound, Croatan Sound, and Hatteras Island watersheds )
- Chapter 6: Albemarle Sound
Contains general information about existing programs that protect water resources. Examples include National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) and non-discharge wastewater management, stormwater programs, public water supply systems, and animal feeding operations.
Explores various options for protecting water resources and includes information as it relates to local initiatives, watershed planning and funding opportunities.
Provides a summary of water use in the basin and includes information publicly available through the Local Water Supply Plans (LWSP), Central Coastal Plain Capacity Use Area (CCPCUA), the Water Withdrawal and Transfer Registration (WWATR) database, and the Ground Water Management Branch (GWMB). It also includes information about agriculture water use as reported in the 2018 Agricultural Water Use Survey published by NCDA&CS.
- Integrated Report Files (Modeling & Assessment Branch)
- Nutrient Criteria Development Plan (NCDP)
- Statewide Interactive Map (AGOL)
updated 5/3/22 MRaquet
2007 Pasquotank River Basinwide Water Quality Plan
Plan By Chapter
Water Quality Data & Information By Subbasin
- Chapter 1 - Pasquotank River Subbasin 03-01-50
- Chapter 2 - Pasquotank River Subbasin 03-01-51
- Chapter 3 - Pasquotank River Subbasin 03-01-52
- Chapter 4 - Pasquotank River Subbasin 03-01-53
- Chapter 5 - Pasquotank River Subbasin 03-01-54
- Chapter 6 - Pasquotank River Subbasin 03-01-55
- Chapter 7- Pasquotank River Subbasin 03-01-56
General Basin Information
- Chapter 8 - North Carolina Water Quality Classifications and Standards
- Chapter 9 - Water Quality Stressors and Sources of Impairment in the Pasquotank River Basin
- Chapter 10 - Stormwater and Wastewater Management for Improved Water Quality
- Chapter 11 - Changes in Our Coastal Communities
- Chapter 12 - Water Quality Management Strategies
- Chapter 13 - Agriculture and Water Quality
- Chapter 14 - Natural Resources in the Pasquotank River Basin
- Chapter 15 - North Carolina’s Impaired Waters List
- Appendix I - DWQ Water Quality Monitoring Programs in the Pasquotank River Basin
- Appendix II - Use Support Methodology and Use Support Ratings
- Appendix III - NPDES Discharge, Non-Discharge and Individual Stormwater Permits
- Appendix IV - Pasquotank River Basin Nonpoint Source Program Description and Contacts
- Appendix V - Glossary of Terms and Acronyms
2002 Pasquotank River Basinwide Water Quality Plan
Plan by Chapter
Section A - General Basinwide Information
- Chapter 1 - Introduction to Basinwide Water Quality Planning
- Chapter 2 – Basin Overview
- Chapter 3 – Summary of Water Quality Information for the Pasquotank River Basin
- Chapter 4 – Water Quality Issues Related to the Entire Pasquotank River Basin
Section B - Water Quality Data & Information by Subbasin
- Chapter 1 – Pasquotank River Subbasin 03-01-50
- Chapter 2 – Pasquotank River Subbasin 03-01-51
- Chapter 3 – Pasquotank River Subbasin 03-01-52
- Chapter 4 – Pasquotank River Subbasin 03-01-53
- Chapter 5 – Pasquotank River Subbasin 03-01-54
- Chapter 6 – Pasquotank River Subbasin 03-01-55
- Chapter 7 – Pasquotank River Subbasin 03-01-56
Section C - Current & Future Water Quality Initiatives
- Appendix I - NPDES Dischargers and Individual Stormwater Permits in the Pasquotank River Basin
- Appendix II - Water Quality Data Collected by DWQ (Benthic Macroinvertebrate Collections’ & Fish Community Assessments)
- Appendix III - Use Support Methodology and Use Support Ratings
- Appendix IV - 303(d) Listing and Reporting Methodology
- Appendix V - Pasquotank River Basin Workshop Summaries
- Appendix VI - Pasquotank River Basin Nonpoint Source Program Description and Contacts
- Appendix VII - Glossary of Terms and Acronyms
Pasquotank Basin Mailing List
To subscribe to DWR's Pasquotank River Basin email list to receive emails regarding public comment periods and public meetings related to the basin, please fill out the form below. Public participation in the development of the basin plan is encouraged.