Many Division of Air Quality documents are available online.
Facility Document Search
The Division of Air Quality has a new tool called the ArcGIS/Facility Mapping Tool that allows the public to search and find any facility permitted by the Division (excluding above ground storage tanks). This includes any historical and present-day records on our facilities. The mapping tool is the easiest way to find records for any facility permitted by DAQ. This tool provides links to historical facility documents stored in Laserfiche.
Note: Facilities in Buncombe, Forsyth and Mecklenburg counties are regulated by local air programs, not the Division of Air Quality. Check with the local programs for records pertaining to facilities in those counties.
Often-requested permitting files for certain facilities are also available at the following pages:
- Asphalt Plants
- Biogas Processing
- Chemours Permit Information
- International Tie
- Methyl Bromide Log Fumigation
- Natural Gas Compressor Stations Permitting Actions and Information
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (UNC) Title V Permit
- Wood Pellet Industry Permitting Actions and Information
- Additional records of public interest (via Laserfiche)
Electronic Document Search
With the new Laserfiche electronic records repository, PDF versions of most documents created and received by the Division of Air Quality will be available through this portal for public review, greatly expanding the public’s ease of access to these records. All public records previously available online are now located in Laserfiche and historical paper files are being digitized.
Science & Data
View available records, reports and data related to air quality monitoring, emission inventories, investigative studies, meteorology, and legislative reports.
Public Records Requests
While many public records are available easily online, our staff is available to help locate and share copies of public records. To submit a public records/FOIA request, or for help accessing records, please use the Department's online Public Records Request form. The form provides a single place for requesting public records from any Division or regional office, including documents, emails, and Phase 1 reports
For additional assistance with accessing Division of Air Quality records, please contact our PIO:
DAQ Public Information Officer
Additional Record Information
Air Quality Records
- Active Air Permit Applications Status Reports. View a list of all air permit applications currently being processed by DAQ.
- Environmental Application Tracker. View active applications on a map format.
- NC Emissions Summary Tool. Search criteria pollutant, hazardous/toxic pollutant and greenhouse gas emissions since 1993.
- Civil Penalty Assessment reports. View the most recent reports detailing civil penalties assessed by the NC Division of Air Quality.
- Air Quality Portal. View your local Air Quality Forecast and data from DAQ's statewide air monitoring network.
- Air Quality Sampling data reports. View air sampling and stack testing reports related to the GenX investigation.
- Brochures & Related Materials: Download copies of educational pamphlets in English and Spanish.
- Volkswagen Settlement Application Data. Data for all N.C. Volkswagen Settlement applications that DAQ considered for funding.
- Mobile Source Emissions Reduction Grant awards. Information on past MSERG awards, including grants with federal DERA funding.
- Public Hearing Recording Archive: Audio recordings and other records from past public hearings.
- DEQ's Community Mapping System. A map-based search tool to view and access many permitting files across DEQ divisions.
- Environmental Justice reports. View EJ reports issued by DEQ's Environmental Justice Team, including reports for DAQ permitting actions.
- Requesting DEQ public records. Learn how to access records from other DEQ divisions outside Air Quality.
- ECHO - EPA Compliance and Enforcement History Online Search Tool. Search US EPA records for facilities.