Level 2 Charging Infrastructure Program
In Phase 2 of the program, $3 million in Volkswagen funds are allocated to the Level Charging Infrastructure Program. This program is divided into four separate programs and is designed to expand the state's light duty ZEV charging infrastructure network.
|Level 2 State Agency Program||February 28, 2022|
|Level 2 Public Access Program||March 22, 2022|
|Level 2 Multi-Unit Dwelling Program||May 2, 2022|
|Level 2 Workplace Program||June 13, 2022|
Summary Level 2 Charging Infrastructure Program
Eligible Action Category
Program Funding Amount
Level 2 State Agency Program Program
Light Duty Zero Emission Vehicle Supply Equipment
Level 2 Public Access Program
Level 2 Workplace Program
Level 2 Multi-Unit Dwelling Program
Organizations that own or operate an eligible location may apply for Level 2 ZEV Charging Infrastructure Program depending on the program. Eligible applicants include:
- Incorporated nonprofits
- Public school districts
- Municipal governments and municipal authorities
- NC State government agencies
- County government agencies
- Tribal government agencies
- Metropolitan or rural planning organizations located in North Carolina
- Businesses – corporations, partnerships, sole proprietorships, limited liability companies, business trusts or other legal business entities incorporated in or registered with the NC Department of the Secretary of State
- Air quality or transportation organizations
- Multi-Unit Dwellings (MUD) - must serve site with ten or more dwelling units
- Workplaces - must serve sites with at least five or more year-round and full-time employees; must not be limited to fleet vehicles unless employee and visitor charging is also available on site
- Federal Government Agencies – Federal agencies that have custody, control, or management of land within or contiguous to the territorial boundaries of North Carolina.
Complete details on application eligibility can be found in each program Request for Proposals when released.
Join our email list
To be notified for future Phase 2 announcements, please send an email with "Subscribe" in the subject line to email@example.com.